Sunday, December 22, 2013

Kid Toys For Big Boys.

Talk about the perfect ride for the old and young car fan in all of us... it's a full-size, fully-functional Lego car! For as long as I have been a car fan I have also been a Lego fan, and spent hours of my childhood building cars out of my coloured bricks. I never had quite enough Lego to do what these guys did though:


The creators built this car out of more than 500,000 pieces of Lego. And as if that isn't cool enough, the car runs on compressed air! It may not yet be ready for high-speed use, and I cringe at the thoughts of the crash-test results, but it's a very impressive engineering exercise. Several companies are currently investigating the potential of compressed air as a future source of energy for cars, so this isn't JUST a toy.


Check out the following website for plenty of pictures and more details on the project:

Well done guys, the adult car fan and child Lego fan in me thank you for creating something they can both enjoy! And with Christmas only a few days away, those still scratching their heads over what to get me just got a little hint...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?