Sunday, October 13, 2013

What Could This Be, The Answer!


This morning I realised that I never did say what the unknown car in a previous entry was! Here is a link to the original story:


I was sent the answer shortly after I received the original pics, so I can share. I'm pretty sure I would never have guessed THIS brand:
For people of my generation, the Skoda name evokes sensible and affordable VW clones. Skoda was purchased by the Volkswagen group in 1991, but goes all the way back to 1919 as an independant automobile manufacturer, and back even further to 1869 as an industrial group.
 
This Skoda Felicia was the convertible version of the Octavia, produced between 1959 and 1964. This short run means that the Felicia is quite rare, and rust problems have limited the numbers even further. I'm glad I got to see one, even if it was only in pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?