Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Dash of Inspiration 2.0.

 
A few months ago I wrote about an artsy van I had seen in Paris with a wild, graffiti-inspired paint job and even crazier dashboard covered in toys and figurines and assorted objects:
 
 
It would appear that the owner of the vehicle has a sibling in Portugal. In August I came across this red Volkswagen Golf and immediately though of the van in Paris.
While the outside of the Golf was a little more discrete than the van, the interior was just as wild. The dash was covered in small figurines. It would appear that the owner is a fan of Easter, with chicks and ducks and bunnies everywhere. There was also a Santa, and some dogs, and a SpongeBob SquarePants, and dozens of assorted animals and hearts and plastic plants... was this vehicle in an accident with a Kinder-Egg delivery truck?
While this is far from my style of car decoration, I always get a kick out of people that personalize their cars. This person, like the van owner, clearly enjoy their ride and want to show off their collection. I must still have a few old HotWheels cars lying around from my childhood, maybe I should go find a glue gun and start decorating...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?