Monday, August 12, 2013

Titine.

Road trip completed. Some 1600 kms later, we're home. Saw some amazing countryside, some beautiful castles, some ancient ruins, and some breathtaking countryside. More importantly, I got to spend time with some old and new friends who made this one very memorable week of vacation.
I couldn't possibly spend a week away without snapping a few shots of cars and other automotive sights, so I will share those shortly. But I figure my little car deserves a shout-out. An integral part to any roadtrip, my Ka performed flawlessly. Air conditioning would have been welcomed during the 30+ degree days, as would have a tiny bit more passing power on the curvy, hilly roads in the Lot et Garonne region of southern France, but in the end she got us there and back and was a rather entertaining partner on this journey.
'Titine' is a common nickname for a car here, and it suits especially well a tiny little 3-door hatchback like the Ka. I am not in the habit of naming my cars, but a friend suggested 'Titine' and it fits perfectly. I am not sure where it comes from, but my guess is it's a deformation of the word 'petit', which means small.

So thanks Titine! You deserve a good scrub to get the bugs off your front end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?